All of your reviews, evaluations, or essays will need to be loaded onto your personal Blog (PDF here: Blogging Rules 8-24-16.
- Create a simple blog using WordPress.com or your favorite blogging platform.
- Create a name for your blogsite that would reflect a Movie/Film review site (examples – Real to Reel, Moving Images, Reely Smart Reviews, Popcorn Feminist, Movie Madness, Cine-View, etc.). Find something creative, fun, unique that fits you while also letting your audience know it is a film review site.
- Your first blog post should be focused on you and your movie history/bio. Please name the entry –“What Film Means to Me” (minimum of 300-500 words). You should offer some background about – who you are, and some of your favorite & least favorite film genres, films and filmmakers (you can select actors, actresses, directors, composers, effects artists … your choice). You want your reader to get a great snapshot of how you view and perceive filmmaking. You can choose any writing style for this assignment.
Your “What Film Means to Me” blog post should also contain:
- A photo or an avatar representing you.
- At least (3) Three additional photos (either of films or filmmakers mentioned in your post, or something visually representing your “What Film Means to Me”” post).
- At least (3) three hyperlinks.
- At least (3) three tags (ideas: your name, your blog name, your film names, hometown, etc.).
- Date at the end of the post.
- Optional: A multimedia embedded file (video or audio).
- Enable comments for your posts.
- Email a link to your blog and first post to firstname.lastname@example.org and post a link to your site on our Edmodo.com page.