**Post a link to your blog in the comments section at the end of this post**
All of your reviews, evaluations, or essays for this class will need to be loaded onto your personal Blog. This blog will become your portfolio of work that could ultimately be used to gain you employment in film criticism as well.
- Create a simple blog using WordPress.com or your favorite blogging platform.
- Create a name for your blogsite that would reflect a Movie/Film review site (examples – Make Mine a Movie, Real to Reel, Moving Images, Reely Smart Reviews, Popcorn Feminist, Movie Madness, Cine-View, Rated G for Guberman, etc.). Find something creative, fun, unique that fits you while also letting your audience know it is a film review site.
- Your first blog post should be focused on you and your movie history/bio. Please name the entry –“What Film Means to Me” (minimum of 350-500 words). You should offer some background about: who you are, and some of your favorite & least favorite film genres, films and filmmakers (you can select actors, actresses, directors, composers, effects artists … your choice). You want your reader to get a great snapshot of how you view and perceive filmmaking. You can choose any writing style for this assignment.
Your “What Film Means to Me” blog post should also contain:
- A photo or an avatar representing you.
- At least (3) Three additional photos (either of films or filmmakers mentioned in your post, or something visually representing your “What Film Means to Me”” post).
- At least (3) three hyperlinks.
- At least (3) three tags for searching purposes (ideas: your name, your blog name, your film names, hometown, etc.).
- Date at the end of the post.
- Optional: A multimedia embedded file (video or audio).
- Enable comments for your posts.
Email the link to your site link to me at email@example.com and post it in the comments section at the end of this post by August 30 at 5:59 pm.
Here are samples from previous film students:
Alice Bryd: https://byrdseyereviews.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/featured-content/
Mallory Moore – http://makemineamovie.weebly.com/home/what-film-means-to-me
Sample audio embed file above