Chapter 3 Assignment for the Film Critic:
Read materials from chapter 3 listed below:
- A. The timeline on Film History linked at the bottom of that page: https://gwufilmcritic.wordpress.com/2016/09/16/ch-3-film-history-101/
- B. The Five Stages of Filmmaking.
- C. How We Watch Films
- D. Explore Careers in Filmmaking
*After reading all materials and listening to the interview, answer two of the following questions in the comments section below:
- 1. What did you find most interesting about Larry Toppman (his advice or his perspective on viewing and review films)?
- 2. What did you find most interesting about the film history timeline? Why?
- 3. What do you feel has been the most important historical aspect of audience/technology in filmmaking? Why?
- 4. Which stage of the filmmaking process do you feel is most interesting/important? Why?
*Please post your responses at the bottom of this page before 11:59 pm on September 19.