- Assignment *Due September 29 by 11:59 pm: Interview someone over 55-years old and write a 500-700 word report/story capturing his/her movie history.
- You should get the person’s name, age, race, gender, town of residency. You should also list the date of the interview.
Questions for consideration (you may use all or any of these – this is just a starting point)
- What was one of the first films you remember watching in a theatre?
- What do you remember about those early film experiences (food, type of theatre, friends, family, how you felt, etc.)?
- Did you watch many films growing up? If so, what films were you drawn to?
- Did you ever go to Drive-In Movies when you were younger? What do you remember about those?
- Do you remember when the event films like “Jaws” and “Star Wars” when they were in theatres? Tell me about those memories.
- When HBO, Showtime & VCRs were readily available, did that change how you went to see movies? Or which ones you went to see in a theatre?
- Did you ever go rent movies from a video store? If so, how did you approach deciding what to choose to watch? With all those choices?
- How and where do you watch most of your movies now (theatres, DVD rentals, streaming, etc)?
- What kinds of films do you watch now? Do you feel those tastes have changed much in the past 20 years?
- How often do you go to theatres now to see films? How different is that from how you experienced films 25 years ago? What do you attribute the change to (if there is one)?
- What’s the last film you watched in a movie theatre?
- Any other comments about your movie going experience/history that you think is important, or that you’d like to share?