Response Post Assignment for Chapter 7 (due 10.19.16 before noon)
- Engage in all of the materials for Chapter 7 including these sections:
- Visual Effects
- Reviewing for Radio, TV and Beyond
- The Fiction that is Science
- Looks like a Disaster to Me
- We Are All Superheroes (why-superheroes-matter
- The Event that is the Blockbuster
- You also need to listen to this interview with film critic Sean O’Connell
- Share something that you learned from Sean’s approach to film criticism and why you think it matters for rising film critics.
Address two of the following writing prompts:
- What insight did you gain from the history of special effects/disaster films (digital or otherwise)?
- How has your understanding of science fiction changed after reading the material?
- Do you agree with the themes/reasons why comic book superhero films continue to find success? Why or why not?
- While exploring “Reviewing for Radio, TV & Beyond” you should notice some differences and similarities. What similarities do you feel are the most relevant when reviewing films (regardless of the medium of distribution)? Why?
Final Project notes:
October 14-27 – watch final two films (and make detailed notes).
November 3 – Next draft of introduction, biographical sketch, and first film evaluation should be complete.
No face to face classes for next two weeks but you will have online posts.
Next Review/Evaluation Due Date:
Nov. 3 – Film review due (list and rubric will be posted by Oct. 27)